Well, myspace still somewhere between 66 million and 110 million active users of myspace. There is NO SUCH THING AS COMPETITION on the internet. I remember reading the rants of a certain reader from the former EllisCountyObserver.com griping, “Okay well you just keep all of your stupid commenters and your stupid blog.”
Okay, well I visit about 100 websites a day. Just because I find a new site, does not mean that I stop reading the previous sites I frequent. In spirit of this
idea realization, that there is in fact, no such thing as competition on the internet, I will allow commenters to post links to their sites in the comment section of this blog. Up to three links until moderation kicks in.
Also, I will give a few tips on traffic. Many days I had thread on The ECO that had more traffic than the homepage, something Joey never saw before I started implementing some tricks. I will not be bragging about numbers, but I will say, I was very happy with my first day and a half bringing over 1,300 views. My third day alone more than doubled the first two day total.
- Set-up- set-up of the blog is important. Take the time to find a good format that you like. I prefer ones that showcase multiple stories on the home page. Not just a list. List format is okay if I am reading for information I am really diggin for, but not recreational reading.
- Recent Comment Widget- if you are running a wordpress theme, go to ‘Appearance’ in your Dashboard and then select widgets. In widgets you will probably find a Recent Comment widget. ADD IT! I hate having to go through, thread by thread, looking for the new comments. ADD IT! Lots of people prefer Recent Comment features on a blog
- Comment Moderation- MOD SUCKS, if I find a new site, I post one comment and I see “Your Comment is Awaiting Approval” I quit posting and leave the site. Unless, the site pertains to me personally, which doesn’t happen a lot. Again, in wordpress go to “Settings” in your Dashboard, then go to “Discussion” and find how to turn your moderation off. Unless you like having a lame ass site, then leave it on.
- TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, Traffic- Is easy if you know how to write a headline. It doesn’t have to be EXACTLY what the page or article is about but it does need to have SEO- Search Engine Optimizers phrases commonly searched, keywords that show up a lot in searches. Also, I like God Like Productionsfor traffic. The site is awesome! I could spend all night on GLP. I won’t put the link here because they will get a ping back and the admins there will be mad I am telling people to use GLP to drive traffic. But you have to have a catchy headline and engage the commenters some. Just yesterday the US Marine Killed By Cop story on GLP ran over 2,400 views on their end and then drove some traffic to this site.
Unarmed Marine Killed by Cop in front of his Daughters
Page 1, 2, 3
RPF 61 2,495 (12) 02/16/12
- Find busy forums and post ONE link to your site per comment. Usually TWO links will get you flagged for spam and then subsequently banned.
- Facebook and social networking-MAGIC, even setting up an account that is separate from your personal profile is good. Find like-minded readers in groups and on pages somewhat relevant to your blog/site, rack up all the friends you can and post away!
These are a few tips on traffic. Happy blogging! If you have any tips to add for me, post in the comments THANKS!